Garry has been teaching Martial Arts Karate for over 30 years:
- Conducts & teaches women’s self defence.
- Trained in Judo, wrestling, boxing and is a well versed motivational speaker.
- Holds a National Coaching Accredited Black Belt.
- Trained and fought in Japan in 1984 under the instruction of the Kyokushin Kai founder Master Mas Oyama.
- In 1997 was awarded the Star of Courage – the highest award bestowed on a civilian for his valiant bravery in the 1994 Fawkner Shooting Siege.
- In 2000 was awarded the Olympic Torch bearer for the Sydney Olympic Games.
- In 2007 was nominated Australian of the Year.